Is VPN Safe?
In these days of high technology features, it’s more than important to keep our private information and data safe from the prying eyes of curious people. Companies and regular Internet users struggle when it comes to keeping their info secured. Many people have turned to VPN to protect their online identity and get an extra layer of privacy and security. Is VPN safe, however?
VPN or ‘Virtual Private Network’ is a combination private and secure servers. People use this technology to connect remotely to data centers and to get access to network resources in case they’re not physically connected to the same local area network (LAN). VPN offers a way to keep information safe by encrypting the data. This is extremely important especially if you are using untrusted public network at an airport, restaurant, hospital, or college.
There’s no doubt about how safe a VPN can be. Of course, you have to choose a responsible and respectable company in the field that values your online privacy and does not keep logs of your browsing activity.
Benefits of VPN – Is VPN Safe?
Access to your business and home network anywhere. You can access your business’s network by using local network resources that won’t be exposed to the Internet. This helps you avoid leaks of information.
You can make this possible with the network of your home by setting up a personal VPN. This has a huge advantage because with the use of Windows Remote Desktop and an Internet connection you can easily see and use local files from wherever you want.
Confidentiality in your browsing activity. Everyone of us has had the problem when connected to a public WiFi hotspot. This may cause leaks of information. A VPN protects you against packet sniffing, MITM attacks, and social hacks, all of which you are vulnerable to when using a free public WiFi hotspot.
Forget about annoying geoblocked websites. You can use VPN to bypass regional restrictions and unblock geoblocked websites from the USA, UK, Canada, France, or elsewhere abroad. Watch American Netflix, HBO GO, Sky Go, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and others overseas.
Excellent tool to download files. VPN enable you to surf the web and download torrents anonymously. If your ISP throttles your Internet speed, you can fix it with a VPN connection as well.
How to Choose a VPN Provider?
Here’s a list of the features the VPN provider you choose has to offer.
- Unblock Websites: Some countries limit the access to some websites based on your IP address. Want to use your NetFlix account during your vacations in another country? ExpressVPN makes it possible by an encrypted tunnel.
- Hide your IP Address: Do you want to keep confidentiality? ExpressVPN is the best alternative with to up to 78 servers in different countries to protect your privacy and use internet everywhere.
- No Logging: It’s more common day by day, the decisions by governments to force ISPs to storage your data in internet use to spy you. With VPN, you can browse and use your information privately, without information leaks.
- VPN Encryption: Top-notch, high-strength 256-bit encryption in order to offer you maximum security from your ISP is a must.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Super-fast servers in over 80 countries spread all around the world.
- Unlimited bandwidth and server switches.
ExpressVPN is a reliable VPN provider that offers all of the above features. Its services include a high speed, ultra-secure and user-friendly platform that will help you keep your valuable information safer than a safe-deposit box. The best part is that you will get your money back if ExpressVPN doesn’t satisfy your needs in 30 days. Of course, there are other top VPN providers that also allow you to protect your online privacy.
How to Setup VPN Connection?
VPN is compatible with Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android. ExpressVPN and other VPN providers offered dedicated VPN apps on these devices. Here’s how you can setup a VPN connection on your PC, Mac, or Smartphone.
- Create an account in ExpressVPN.
- Download the respective app according to your OS.
- Connect to any of VPN server locations available. That’s it! Your private data is now secured and encrypted. You will also be able to bypass regional restrictions and unblock Netflix, HBO GO, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer.
- Alternatively, you can setup the VPN connection on your router instead. In this case, all the devices connected to that router will share its secure VPN connection. DD-WRT and Tomato based routers are both good examples of routers you can use with VPN.
Is VPN Safe – The Verdict
Whether you want to protect your online privacy, download torrents anonymously, or bypass geographic restrictions, VPN is the way to go. If you are traveling and you are a little mistrustful with the public Wi-Fi at your hotel’s Wi-Fi, VPN is the best bet to keep your online identity and private data safe.